Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Willig's MRI results

He has an injured medial collateral sesamoidian ligament (old name: suspensory ligament of navicular bone). He'll get 8 more weeks of stall rest (3 months total), and 3 shock wave treatments. In the future, he may need another MRI, and injections in his coffin joint and navicular bursa.
It's not clear to me whether he'll jump again.
The MRI images were super cool.
The indoor dog park in Portland was super cool.
The flat trailer tire on the interstate was not even remotely cool and almost completely overwhelmed me (and Willig) with the stress, making me realize that the ways he annoys me are basically reflections of my personality.
He's also going to get SmartPaks of Quiessence, SmartOmega3, and SmartFlex Rehab (which will change to SmartFlex III Resilience when he goes back to work).

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Pippi was on smart flex III, I really liked it. Mommy and I have been bad about ordering it again.

Beckz said...

I'm so sorry to hear that he is injured so seriously. Good luck with his rehab.

Laura said...

Hope everything goes well with the rehab, there are so many good treatments available these days!

Becky + Digby said...

Aww :( I'm so sorry. Best of luck with his rehab! I currently have a horse that after around 90 days of stall rest, being brought back into work, went lame again so he's hanging out for 6 months just being a horse... I know how hard rehab had be! I've got my fingers crossed yours is good and he's allowed to jump again!