Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Friday, January 20, 2017

Connection

I didn't know that grief could feel this devastating.  And here's my theory - Charlie and I were a team in a way I haven't ever been with a human, and in a way more deep than with a human because we couldn't talk.  Charlie trusted me and I trusted him, and we had a way to communicate with each other that was so much deeper than words.  And that it was unconditional love, in a way no partner has lasted.  I might be mad at him, he might be mad at me, but we loved each other anyway.
And unlike humans, I told Charlie every day how lucky I was to have him and how much I loved him.  And I loved him despite his (very few) flaws, and he loved me for who I am.  We worked together to improve and to grow.  Charlie was what I always wanted in a partner.  He nickered when he heard me coming.  I loved Charlie more than I have ever loved anyone or anything in my life.

No comments: