Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Sunday, December 09, 2007

12/8/07 - Dressage lesson on Willig

We are making baby steps forward.
Earlier in the week, I boasted that I no longer needed my magic circle, like Dumbo realized he no longer needed his magic feather. However, I was the dumbo, and was simply reverting back to my old patterns.
Alice spent some time with me Thursday, then Bob spent some time working on lunging at the start of my lesson. It's very hard and frustrating, and right now, Willig isn't respecting me, and I end up following him, rather than pushing him forward. I got overwhelmed with the tips, so this week I am working on a couple more things, then next week I'll add a little more to my lunging repetoire.
Under saddle we made some more inching progress. Bob let me canter, which put my body in "fear" mode- locked up and rigid. Bob said I looked like someone from the special olympics - I was so excited but bouncing up and down in the saddle. It was another humbling, yet amazing, experience.
This week I am working on tiny canters (half circles), and then the same as last week - being consistent and working on improvements to position for both of us.
Riding Mercury now feels so weird. He feels so, so, almost unbearably slow, yet he has some ways he is so much better than Willig so it's kind of a relief not to have to think of so much while I ride.
Willig is playing with his jolly ball. He likes to throw it outside his stall into the aisle. Today he threw it into the pasture.

No comments: