Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Saddle features

For my lesson today, Mike let me ride in his Regal again. I wanted to compare it now that I have ridden in a handful of other saddles.
Although this time there were no angels singing (the last lesson in it does appear to have been a perfect confluence of timing), it was still far superior to the other saddles I tried.
As best I can tell, here is what I like:
Narrow twist (although I'm not sure I can feel the difference)
A high, steep pommel
A small knee roll (triangle shaped, with the small pointy end at the bottom) that is set kind of high
Deep seat
Slightly forward panels
And the straight down leg position for the stirrup bar

So I'm going to try a few more, but if I can't find anything close, I am thinking it may be worth it to try to find a way to get a Regal.

No comments: