Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Saturday, June 26, 2010

I'm nervous about the show tomorrow!

I've always been excited about shows, but lately, with a lot of other things in my life too, I've started feeling more anxious than anticipation. I had trouble sleeping last night, so I just ran through the tests over and over again in my head - imagining every move and how perfectly I know Willig can do it. This is to counteract his being pretty much an exponentially increasing goober as the week went on. It will be interesting to see how he does tonight - where I am lucky to have one more ride after today's show ends but before tomorrow's begins.
I'm just imagining him on the bit, with his back lifted, and his ears flopping sideways, headed towards the judge, and I'm going to cling to that image, no matter what.
And - at the very least, my take away is how much better he responds when I get kind of mad at his hijinks and ride him really assertively. I think that's what Mike, Shannon, and way back when he went to John's - I think that's what they were all saying. A little light bulb went off on another totally obvious thing: Oh? You mean RIDE him?! Ok! (P.S. RIDING him vs. riding him, makes me breathe heavy.)

1 comment:

PruSki said...

Good luck!! You will do fine!