Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Perspective

A p.s. on my lesson. Shannon said that yes, at NWEC, Willig was being a bit of a pill and running out at the last possible second. She said he's really quick, and sometimes it seemed like he did it as he lifted to jump.
He has two kinds of run-out. The one where's he jiggy from the moment he sees the fence and gets jiggier as we approach it and I do nothing and eventually he runs out.
And then he has his "alternate-universe" run-outs where he's so fast I have no idea what happened.
It was a huge relief to me to know that he was doing alternate-universe run-outs at NWEC because I started to feel like a moron - I couldn't feel it coming - didn't know why I couldn't - but expected it - and then it still took me by surprise.
Shannon said if she'd been able to see them (and she was watching for them) she would have been yelling at me, but they were so fast and sudden, she didn't even have time to yell.
Now, that's not adding $5,000 to Willig's value or anything, but it does help me understand what's going on a little better.
WHY he gets in that mood? I don't know. Yet.

No comments: