Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Preliminary (my) analysis of dressage test at NWEC

It went much better than my lesson. There were three little wrinkles which could have been improved - I hesitated on our trot to walk transition, which meant Charlie got ready to walk, felt my hesitation, and then finally walked; our right canter to trot transition was not as graceful as it could have been (again, my fault - I was thinking "this is going pretty well! I hope I don't screw up!" and so my stupid brain was thinking about that instead of about riding the next movement - which is a shame because the right side is my "easy" side); and then my trot to halt transition, I let Charlie take several walk steps. I thought the rules said that was ok, but once Shannon asked me, I'm wondering if I was reading something else and applied it because I'm lazy. So I'm going to check the rules tonight, although it's too late for this test of course. Oh, and Shannon said Charlie can do better at the free walk, so we'll work on that. I can't take credits for the braids - Shannon did those. She showed me how, so I'll be practicing that before Aspen. Charlie was a rock star, as I expected. He pulled out some flash for me, was consistent and on the bit, and didn't bobble about anything at all. Thanks to him (and Shannon), I had a BLAST.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Lovely test!! Have a blast on the cross country today!