Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Charlie is AWESOME; I need some work

Our results at Aspen: Dressage - 32.0 (2nd place) Show Jumping - 4 faults (one rail down on fence 2) (6th place) Cross country - 2.8 time faults (too fast) Final - 6th place out of 19; 38.8 1st place for BN rider was 35.0 Our results at NWEC Spring Classic (which I think I forgot to post); Dressage - 26.5 (1st place) Cross country - 3.2 time faults (too fast) (still 1st) Show jumping - 4 faults (final rail down) (2nd place) Final - 2nd place out of 21; 33.7 1st place for BN rider was 31.8 Charlie was awesome, and my goal had been to improve a little bit on each of the three phases - get a slightly better dressage score, go clean in stadium, and get no time penalties in cross country. While I did slow cross country down, I didn't ride any better in show jumping, and in dressage, the razor thin edge between being brilliant in the moment nerves and freezing up nerves slipped into the freezing up side. I lost my left stirrup twice - just before I went into dressage and again after the 2nd fence in show jumping (at NWEC, I lost it over the second cross country fence, so hopefully that is my symmetry for the season and I'm done losing my left stirrup). Although the first walk of the xc course was kind of intimidating, it rode like a charm - thanks to Charlie, who was, once again, a total champ. I felt like my riding (other than dressage) was maybe a micropoint better, but I'm still making dumb mistakes that are messing up a nice blue ribbon. At least this time my pants didn't rip.

No comments: