Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Saturday, June 02, 2018

Great dressage lesson

We rode in draw reins today.  Duke got pretty sweaty and worked hard.
At first, John had me smack him a couple times on the shoulder, because he wasn't forward.  Duke got huffy, but also got very forward.
We worked on a bunch of different circles (20 meter, then 15 meter, then 10 meter, then 12 meter), and then we did leg yield at the trot on the quarter, line, leg yield at the canter on the quarter line, and then a Swedish leg yield (?) which was a leg yield when going across the diagonal.
For the leg yield, we struggled for a big, and then John had me put my inside leg up forward (it felt like it was way in front of me (but I looked down and it wasn't) enough to feel my hip get tight), and then Duke moved over much easier.
This is just day 3 of the horrible 14 day (hopefully only 14 day) with work, so I don't have time for a full blow by blow of the lesson.  It was good though.  I was really glad to ride, and it was also helpful to drive down there and back because I had some ideas about the case both ways.

No comments: