Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Super quick summary of jump lesson

We jumped a few days ago, but I am so behind in unpacking and mowing and etc. that I haven't posted.  It was a good lesson; Duke felt great after John rode him while I was in San Fran - his back felt lifted, his mouth was soft, and he was very forward.  We jumped a few singles, then a vertical on each side of a circle, then John made a very complicated course, which Duke jumped dreamy, even though I forgot where we were a few fences from the end.  John said just circle next time I forget.
We worked on putting six strides into a five stride line, and then at the end John had us work on the flat.  The huge lightbulb was the half halt, closing my legs, keeping them closed, and then giving the rein aid.
Today Duke saw the farrier and John said from now on, always have the farrier at least 10 days before a show starts.

No comments: