Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Two in a Row!

Another great day with Willig. We had the absolute perfect environment: warm but not hot, cool breeze, sunny, empty barn ... and so I finally jumped him. I had taken him over a couple of cavelleti on their highest rotation, but never jump jumped him.
It was great! We did a cross rail, a teeny little vertical, and finally a cross rail with two strides to a teeny vertical. That one kind of freaked him out, so we cut in and did the vertical first, then came back and did the combo, and then did it again to make sure it was ok.
He is a great jumper! He is so smooth to ride. We just floated over the top of them.
So then he got an hour out in the pasture on grass as a reward.
I am giving the dogs a break from the heat inside, then I'm going to go ride my bike for a couple hours and enjoy the great weather.

No comments: