Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Mirror mirror on the wall

I suspect Willig isn't scared of being alone in the indoor arena because each corner has a mirror, and therefore, he thinks another horse is always in there, tracking with him. I'm not sure about that, but it seems like the likeliest explanation.
I'm trying to kick up the exercise a notch because I've gotten terribly out of shape and I've got some goals for this summer. To illustrate, here's the pants I wore yesterday:
6:45 am - pajama bottoms
7:30 am - biking pants (bicycle biking, not motorcycle biking)
8:30 am - work pants
noon - running pants
1 pm - work pants
5:30 pm - biking pants
6:30 pm - breeches
10:30 pm - whew - pajama bottoms

Both boys got their feet done today and new shoes.
For the future:
- Think about getting (maybe next year) some of the shoes with the "trench" for extra grip (instead of the horse cleats)
- We're going to try every 6 weeks to see if Mercury oversteps and hits his own ankles because his feet grow so fast.
Willig was actually pretty good, considering that I took him out of his stall mere moments after they put down his hay.
I am going to try, if our schedules align, to take one dressage lesson a month from Mike Osinski: http://www.mikeosinski.com/home.html

No comments: