Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Miscellaneous Thoughts

The nice mom of the Lipizzan mare told me that Willig has a nice uphill confirmation (I think earlier she called him "cute").

Jonathan told me (several times) at the clinic last weekend (the one day we were there) to ride with shorter reins.

Mike worked with me on loose hips (swinging like an elephant trunk), and when my legs finally got loose and my hips were swinging all huge, I asked if that was just like a loosening warm-up walk, and Mike said oh no, that wouldn't even be a nice loose rein walk, that 9 out of 10 horses would be walking bigger. I was amazed. I have a lot of adjusting to do in my feel.

Two of the dressage riders at the new barn used to event, and they both did prelim! I'm totally impressed.

I made the fake ditch today, but it was raining too hard and too wet out to lunge Willig over it, but maybe next week, with the time change, it will be light enough (and not raining) after work to try it out.

No comments: