Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sheath cleaning

For my records - Willig's sheath, tail, and lower legs got cleaned during the surprise nice weather we had yesterday. His tail was pretty dandruffy and his sheath had a surprising amount of gunk - no big beans, but still, a fair amount.
I jumped him today over a little 2' vertical, and he was just as great as could be. I woke up in the middle of the night last night - out of nowhere afraid to jump him - and one of the other evening riders was there with me tonight so I just set up the one pole and jumped it both ways from the trot, canter (2x each, each direction) and then a trot, canter, trot. Not a blip.
Also, we have a "new" boarder at the barn, and she was the prior boarder I heard about who had a horse with hives too. Not good news - she tried pretty much every single thing imaginable and nothing worked.

No comments: