Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Willig was VERY well behaved at Peteton




The fact that we weren't brilliant was all rider error.
We got there late (I had 5 minutes of warm up, and that was with Tom's help racing to get over there), so I was a bit flustered for Training Test 4.
Then Willig picked up the wrong lead, I looked down at it, decided to ignore it since he felt pretty balanced, and he did a corner, a 20 meter circle, and most of the way through the next corner - on the wrong lead! What a superstar! (And what an idiot I am!) So most of the bad marks on my test are for that.
Then, the second to last move (stretchy circle at C) I forgot to do, so we got a mistake error (and it was a double score - drat!).
He only got a 53.6, but I was impressed with what a cool cucumber he was.
Then we had about 20 minutes for warm up (and it was getting warm - we got really lucky with gorgeous weather today - Mt. Rainier out - blue sky - sun!), and he just nailed it! He was Mr. Floppy Ears, ignoring the shooting at the gun range, just out for a little 1st Level - Test 1. I am so impressed with his great behavior.
He got two fours in this test too. The second one was again for the stretchy circle - I forgot to post, so it was a stunted stretchy circle. The first was for his first "ice cream cone" - the remarks are "center bent on coup nds L supple". I don't know what that means.
The judge's comment say he needs to be more supple to the left.
And we sat it! A year ago I couldn't sit the trot, and I just did an entire test sitting!
Gooooo Willig! (he came in 2nd of 4 in 1-1)
And then we covered the horse trailer for winter. Not as satisfying, but worth noting that since it was hot and I was hauling it, it was actually a good day to cover it because it is definitely dry underneath.
Here he is doing a 20 meter circle on the wrong lead and with floppy ears.

No comments: