Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Monday, August 14, 2006

Odds and ends

Bob watched my video tonight while I was doing interval training. Alice said he was impressed with how Mercury did. Then crickets chirped. Finally I said "Yeah, he was excellent and I was like a total beginner." Alice said he can critique me if I want.
I watched the video again when I got home to see what was wrong. My upper body seems to move too much and my hands move too much. Some of the jumps I jump ahead and some I pinch with my knees so my lower leg swings back. But other than that, I can't really see anything horrifying.
Then I watched an old lesson from the winter and a horse show from several years ago. And I got depressed because several years ago I was 10 pounds lighter and it really shows on my legs. So now I'm going to bed depressed because my legs don't look any more solid now than they did then. The only difference is I don't lean so far forward now - the slow transitition from hunt seat to solid dressage seat.
Also, I'm riding a hanoverian who just floats around, unlike Mercury who is frequently like riding a slug.

No comments: