Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Jump Day: Willig's Version

I was happy to see my mom this morning when she showed up, and it's so nice when she grooms me and gets all that hair out. We rode in the normal spot but without music, so I thought something might be up. I was kind of tired after Thursday and then being ridden hard yesterday, so I wasn't feeling much like making a big deal out of things. I was so happy when she got off after only half an hour!
We went on a walk outside, but then we walked around and around the outside arena. I got to see a whole bunch of fences, but then she got back on me. Man, that's annoying when I think we're done and then I have to go back to work.
And so (sigh) of course I had to keep patiently training her on how to ride me quietly but assertively. She started out her normal kind of wimpy approach to fences, so I was like "look, mom, I do this to be nice to you, and I don't have to do it". She put me on the lunge line for a while, which was nice because I got to vent my frustration with always having to explain everything to her like she's a little 6 year old rider. She can be so slow sometimes! And then that crazy white demon came out into his yard and I had to keep an eye on him to protect us both. She's so silly - she put that boyfriend of hers down there so the demon would eat him first! Oh well, works for me. I'm WAY faster than a bipedal human if the demon comes over again.
I felt a little better after the lunge, so then we did a small course twice, and I think I finally got the message across: "Stop talking about selling me. I am gorgeous and fun. You just need to ride me properly and not scare me too much."
It was a pretty fun day, and then I got lots of kisses, pats, and treats just for doing my job.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Tomonbelay#p/a/u/0/RSXwgs1yFwY

No comments: