Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Willig is for sale

I changed my mind. He doesn't like to jump, and we could both be unhappy making tiny steps of progress over the next 10 years, or I could let him do a job he loves. It just happens that I'm not ready to do that job yet. I want to keep jumping.
I'm going to stick with my plan for the next few months, while he's listed, but maybe his dream owner will walk into his life and I'll see that it was the right decision. Or maybe I'll give up on wanting to event, or maybe the light bulb will go off for him and he'll realize eventing is pretty cool.
DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1652007 - Wise Guy
He's on dream horse under "Wise Guy".

Another horse in my barn is for sale on Dream Horse too - an adorable pony named Zoe, who makes me wish I was 25 years younger or just really, really short:
DreamHorse.com Horse ID: Zoe
And then Holly, for someone more experienced than me who can take a well-raised horse wherever she wants to go, which maybe I'd be able to do if I stuck with Willig for the next 10 years and actually learned how to ride a horse:
DreamHorse.com Horse ID: Perfect Holiday
Think of it. You could make a day of it visiting our barn.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

That's a tough decision to make. In the meantime, enjoy your dressage work with him. And Zoe is darling. Ponies like that make me wish I was shorter (and lighter) too. :-)