Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Everything is always so complicated - what to do about Mercury

If I end up moving barns, it messes up my whole little system. I'll either have to move somewhere that Sam can move with me and keep leasing Mercury or sell him. The past few months have taught me that I definitely do not have time to ride two horses and do everything else in my life, and I'm ready to focus on Willig.
But with the economy going down, down, down, and tons of horses on the market, I don't want Mercury to end up in a bad situation, and I'd like to do everything I can to keep Sam riding him.
I called the prior barn manager, Amy, and we exchanged a couple voice mails. She says she might have an idea, but her place is full, which is a bummer because I would trust him with her.

1 comment:

Grey said...

A shame you feel you need to move. Didn't you just start there a few months ago? Anyway re Mercury, I don't know his abilities or experience, but maybe you could look into donating him to a college riding program. They're generally good and, especially if there's an equestrian program at the school, should be very capable. You get a tax write off and usually can ask for "first refusal" to get him back if he doesn't work out. Just an idea. Good luck.

Grey