Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I love Fugazi

I talked to the owner yesterday, and she said that this week she had two discussions with the staff about how unacceptable things had become. She thought that I would instantly see an improvement, and today certainly seemed to be better, though it was two new staff, and J, who has consistently done a good job. Interestingly, he asked me to always let him know if I need anything, because they don't always tell him.
Yesterday R and I went on a trail ride over at Kennedy Creek. Willig was a holy terror in the trailer, R's horse stepped on a snake (not a poisonous one, thank goodness), and much adventure ensued. Willig's trailer behavior was completely out of line - he was like a fish that got caught thrashing around in there, and he broke loose from his halter when I was putting on his bridle and tried to run out, and then when I was putting him back, he tried to jump over the ramp (which was closed) with me hanging on the breastplate. I was really mad at him yesterday, but then after I rode him today, and he was a monster again, and then I rode Mercury, who was also acting up, I realized it is most likely ---- oats. I hate feeding oats. I put them both back on oats because they were so skinny (they are also on alfalfa and complete or senior horse), and so I'm taking Willig off the oats and cutting Merc's down to 1/4 scoop (which is basically a coffee cup). Then again, it could be the nice fall weather.
However, I did spend half an hour last night setting up the jumps for today (which Willig was too bad for us to jump) and using my first 8-11 Sunday jump time. And the trainer I don't care for? Had a lesson at 10.
Thankfully, the weather was nice, so they rode outside, but I got pretty frustrated.
Once again, I don't feel out of line thinking I should be able to jump my horses in the winter and the summer. I pay $650/month, and I have to race to jump ONE horse ONE day a week. That kind of sucks.
Then I realized if I just wait it out, I bet she'll be gone in a few months. I don't know though - even if everything else resolves - a beginner barn just might not be a good fit for me and Willig because I need to actually work him.
On my trail ride with Mercury - it was beautiful! Blue sky with those orange/yellow/red leaves against it. Very nice.

No comments: