Charlie with the long sought after cooler

Charlie with the long sought after cooler
Spring NWEC 2013 Novice

Sunday, October 26, 2008

P.S. - Succeed and too much horse

One of the other riders told me about this stuff called Succeed (by SmartPak), and so I ordered some and I'm going to try Willig on it for a month. Jon seconded her and they both said it makes hard keepers fill out (it made Jon's TB look like a warmblood and her TB look like a "fat white tick"). If it works on Willig, I might put Mercury on it too, even though it's kind of expensive.
And, one of the other confidence boosters from this clinic was that Jon didn't take me aside and tell me Willig was too much horse for me. Instead, a lot of people asked about him, and he appeared to have been appropriately classed for his age and experience in BN. I've been afraid at both derbies and at the clinic that someone would finally tell me I couldn't ride, but instead, we have stuff to work on (like always!) AND more confidence and I'm excited about working on stuff all winter to get ready for next year. I still think he has the potential to turn into a really good horse. The longer he knows me, the more heart he seems to have (though he does have his asshole moments, but one of the training level riders was telling me her horse is a Trakehner/TB cross, and he goes by "the Big A" at her barn).

No comments: